RWiSDA is open to secondary schools covering London
- Each school interested in participating in RWiSDA finals are to produce a “60 Seconds 2 impress” presentation starting with “Why should your school be selected for the RWiSDA finals?” This may be submitted in a variety of artistic formats, these can include; blogs, poems, speeches, dance, song…. Performances are to be submitted by uploading to you tube (use you tube logo) or vimeo and send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org or post a DVD to Mervin Cato, The Swann Annexe, 219 High Street, Ponders End, London, EN3 4DX. This is your chance to be creative, these entries will determine places awarded in the finals. Rudolph Walker’s personal explanation on how to impress in 60 seconds can be found on www.rwisda.com
- 6 Schools are chosen to participate in the finals from all 60 seconds 2 impress presentations. Schools will be notified if they have been successful.
- Schools chosen to appear in the finals of RWiSDA will have to bring a single group of a maximum of 5 students to perform a 10 minute piece for the RWiSDA finals.
Only a maximum of 5 students are able to perform, however each group will be allowed a maximum of 1 extra student to help with lighting, organisation, sound….
(Please see requirements for additional information)
- The performing final group from each school will have a professional actor or industry professional that will hold workshops with each group prior to the finals.
- The finals of RWiSDA will be held at the Theatre Royal Stratford East, Gerry Raffles Square, Stratford London, E15 1BN before an audience of parents, friends, actors, industry professionals, dignities and the public.
- A panel of industry professionals will act as adjudicators, awarding marks for certain criteria, for example; script writing, timing and originality.
- The winning group will receive the exclusive hand designed RWiSDA trophy, along with lunch or dinner with Rudolph Walker at a London restaurant.
- Individuals awards will also be awarded for BEST ACTOR * BEST ACTRESS * BEST SCRIPT * BEST 60 SEC. ENTRY